| All Races|
Augments "Shield Bash"
Magic damage taken -25%
Lv. 75 PLD
Augments Shield Bash:
- Shield Bash damage +200. Magic Damage Taken -25%:
- Independent of the natural 50% cap for magic damage. Hidden Effect
- Although Aegis is a size 5 shield, it has the same base block rate as a size 3:
- Base block rate of 50% (same as size 3), +/- based on shield skill and Mob Level.
- ~75% damage will be reduced during blocking before account for Shield Mastery.
Used in Recipes
Obtained from Desynthesis
How to Obtain
Originally wielded during the Shadowreign era by Cerane I Virgaut.
The Aegis in the book of Iliad is the Shield of Zeus, although it was sometimes lent to Athena and rarely to Apollo. The shield was built with the hide of the Amalthea (Amaltheia in FFXI), and was decorated with golden tassels along with a gorgon's head (from the gorgon Medusa) mounted in the center.