Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Anima typically refers to two sets of Special Items.
- The first, and most common, type of anima is created by skilled Alchemists that have mastered the Anima Synthesis technique. They are created from remnants of memory carried by the Empty are used in the creation of enchanted equipment. When these anima are combined in synthesis, they produce Photoanima, a substance which the Empty fear.
- Fire Anima - Anima created from Burning Memories.
- Earth Anima - Anima created from Profane Memories.
- Water Anima - Anima created from Somber Memories.
- Wind Anima - Anima created from Fleeting Memories.
- Ice Anima - Anima created from Bitter Memories.
- Lightning Anima - Anima created from Startling Memories.
- Light Anima - Anima created from Radiant Memories.
- Dark Anima - Anima created from Malevolent Memories.
- The second type of anima is created by the Alchemist and Empty researcher, Harith, and is used to weaken the Empty that reside in Promyvion. When used on the Empty, these items force them to recall unpleasent memories, causing debilitating effects for a short time.
- Hysteroanima - Created from a Recollection of Pain, this anima prevents the Empty from using special attacks for a short time.
- Terroanima - Created from a Recollection of Guilt, this anima causes the Empty to flee from whomever holds the most enmity.
- Psychoanima - Created from a Recollection of Fear, this anima causes the Empty to become constantly intimidated by all party members, preventing normal actions.
Anima, originally from Latin, refers to passion, spirit, and "living essence." It may come from the Proto-Indo-European language root *ane- ("to breathe"), from which animal and animation also originate.