Obtaining the Entry Items
Each nation offers a different set of crates that may be obtained. You cannot carry more than three of these key items at any one time, and can only obtain one from each nation once per Earth day (resets at Japanese Midnight, pre-buying will not circumvent this restriction).
These crates can be obtained from the following NPCs:
Nation/Area NPC Bastok Markets (S) Keenan (G-8) Southern San d'Oria (S) Thirkell (L-6) Windurst Waters (S) Scotwick (K-10)
The cost of the crates depends on the nation you are allied with for Campaign. When purchasing from the NPC in the nation you are allied with, crates cost 1500 Allied Notes; from all other nations, crates cost 3000 Allied Notes.
Initiating a Battle
In order to initiate a ANNM battle, a party/alliance member needs to select the Shredded Label in the correct zone. The crate for that particular battle will be removed from all party/alliance members.
- All party/alliance members must posess the correct crate in order to initiate the battle.
- The area you are attempting to spawn the NM in must also be under one of the three nation's control; it cannot be controlled by Beastmen.
- Pets, avatars, and trust magic NPCs will be dismissed upon popping the NM.
- Buffs do not wear.
- No experience points are lost if you are defeated.
- Venturing too far from the spawn point causes the NM to disengage, lose hate, and eventually despawn.
- Monsters not involved in the fight cannot aggro and you cannot perform any action upon them.
- The battles have a time limit of 30 minutes.
- Each monster spawns with multiple helpers/pets. These do not share hate and can easily be pulled off.
- Upon killing certain pets you might receive a message saying:
- Your display of Prowess in battle has earned you an experience bonus as a reward!
- At the end of the battle, a brown chest with black trim appears. This chest gives a bonus to the experience points earned.
- Your display of Prowess in battle has earned you a superior augment as a reward!
- At the end of the battle, a blue chest with gold trim appears. This chest contains a random Augmented Item.
- Your display of Prowess in battle has earned you an increase in gil as a reward!
- At the end of the battle, a brown chest with gold trim appears. This chest contains multiple items that can be sold.
- The (Monster) has stopped moving.
- The main NM stops moving for a time, allowing party members to damage it without the monster attacking back (however, party attacks still create enmity that takes effect when the NM returns to its normal state).