Ambuscade is a instanced dungeon battlefield in which players team up against the monster-of-the-month.
First, activate the Records of Eminence quest Stepping into an ambuscade, then talk to Gorpa-Masorpa in Mhaura at (G-9). To enter any Ambuscade battlefield all players in the party will need a Key Item; there are two different Key items to obtain: Primer Volume One and Primer Volume Two. Which Key Item you will need depends on what battlefield you wish to enter. Please note that it is possible to obtain and hold both Key items at the same time. Key Items are also not reset after the monthly update so if you still had a Key Item when the update hit, you will still have it at the start of the new Ambuscade content.
Obtaining Key Items
You obtain the Key Items with Records of Eminence quests. There are two different quests per Key Item to activate: a non-repeatable daily quest, and a repeatable quest. The Daily objectives for both Volume 1 and Volume 2 require one experience-yielding monster be killed of the specified type. The repeatable objective for Volume 1 requires five kills, while Volume 2 requires 10.
Take a number, get in line
Once everyone in the party has the Primer key items, the party leader then registers the party. There are five difficulty levels to choose from and two possible battlefields known as "Intense" (Primer Volume One) and "Regular" (Primer Volume Two). Inscribing your name in the Ambuscade Tome gives you a page number. Page numbers are called in a zone-wide system message "Page ### of the tome flares up!" and the party leader can interact again with the Tome to enter the battlefield. There is also a setting to auto-transport the entire party as soon as the page lights up. Note: A successful fight causes the key item to be used up, but a loss will not.
The are two forms of currency won from Ambuscade, Hallmarks and Gallantry. The amount rewarded is based on difficulty level and type of battlefield. These are used to purchase various items including Ambuscade Armor.
During each version update the following changes to Ambuscade occur.
- Any remaining Hallmarks are lost
- Any remaining Gallantry are lost
- Total Hallmarks are reset to 0
- Ambuscade equipment rewards rotate between Tokens and Vouchers.
- RME weapon upgrade materials purchasable with Hallmarks and Gallantry rotate to a new set.
Hallmarks can be used to purchase items from Gorpa-Masorpa. A normal quality set can be purchased for 2260 Hallmarks. Only one set can be purchased this way.
|Ambuscade Voucher: Feet||100 HM|
|Ambuscade Voucher: Hands||200 HM|
|Ambuscade Voucher: Head||360 HM|
|Ambuscade Voucher: Legs||600 HM|
|Ambuscade Voucher: Body||1000 HM|
A running tally of Hallmarks grant access to a set of rewards. These rewards are provided after you have accumulated the specific amount and you can request the item from Gorpa-Masorpa. Total Hallmarks are not spent.
|Ambuscade Voucher: Feet||130 HM|
|Ambuscade Voucher: Hands||220 HM|
|Ambuscade Voucher: Head||370 HM|
|Ambuscade Voucher: Legs||620 HM|
|Ambuscade Voucher: Body||1050 HM|
|Ambuscade Voucher: Feet +1||1800 HM|
|Ambuscade Voucher: Hands +1||3000 HM|
|Ambuscade Voucher: Head +1||5000 HM|
|Ambuscade Voucher: Legs +1||8500 HM|
|Ambuscade Voucher: Body +1||14500 HM|
Gallantry can be used to purchase items from Gorpa-Masorpa. Gallantry is only gained while in a party of 1 or more other players. Trusts and Adventuring Fellows DO NOT count. A high quality set can be purchased for 16000 Gallantry.
|Ambuscade Voucher: Feet +1||1000 GA|
|Ambuscade Voucher: Hands +1||1500 GA|
|Ambuscade Voucher: Head +1||2500 GA|
|Ambuscade Voucher: Legs +1||4000 GA|
|Ambuscade Voucher: Body +1||7000 GA|
Volume 1: Demons
- The Borzetto Imps have relatively low HP.
- The Master Manipulator is a BLU Soulflayer with access to powerful disabling magic and AOE nukes. The Master Manipulator will use Mighty Guard at the start of the fight and will use Azure Lore multiple times. It likes to chain spells back-to-back.
- TP Moves:
- Immortal Mind: Magic Attack Boost.
- Immortal Shield: A damage shield that can be powered up if left up too long. On first application, it becomes damage immune to non-critical physical damage. A second application will provide 100% damage immunity to a type of physical damage (slashing, piercing, blunt) and can only be broken by dealing enough of a different type of physical damage, or by using magical Blood Pacts.
- Immortal Anathema: Curse
- Tribulation: Extremely potent AOE Bio (500~1000/tick) and Blind. Have tanks carry Panaceas for this.
- Reprobation: 20' AOE Full Dispel, including food.
- Mind Purge: Single-target Full Dispel, including food.
- Mighty Guard: Increases Physical and Magical Defense. Grants haste and Regen. Master Manipulator's casts do not require Unbridled Learning are AoE without the use of Diffusion.
- Paralyzing Triad: Paralysis
- Benthic Typhoon: Physical Defense Down, Magical Defense Down.
- Subduction: AOE Gravity
- Rail Cannon: Light-based Damage
- Blistering Roar: AOE Terror
- Dream Flower: AOE Sleep
- Nectarous Deluge: AOE Poison
- Uproot: Full debuff removal from Caster. Grants Dia aura and Regen.
- Mind Blast: Paralysis
- Embalming Earth: Slow
- Crashing Thunder: Thunder damage.
- Polar Roar: Bind
- Droning Whirlwind: AOE Multi-Dispel
- TP Moves:
Volume 2: Elementals
- Turgmam takes the form of a Female Hume Mannequin.
- Turgmam has perpetual, undispellable Blaze Spikes up from the beginning of the fight. She also appears to absorb damage dealt by special abilities . This includes auto-attacks from Trusts that are treated as special abilities (e.g. Balamor, Teodor, Arciela II, Shantotto II) and en-spell damage (e.g. Amchuchu's Rune Enchantment effects).
- Armed with a Great Sword, she will use high-level weaponskills like Scourge, Dimidiation, and Spinning Slash. Her TP gain is high enough that she can self-skillchain Light on the tank.
- Turgmam will stop to cast single target and AOE Fire Elemental Magic on the party.
- Turgmam will periodically summon a Blazing Effigy. There is no summoning animation, they just appear next to her as the fight goes on. There does not appear to be an upper limit to how many can be up, and the number summoned at once seems dependent on the number of skillchains performed on Turgmam since the last set spawned.
- A Blazing Effigy is a Fire Elemental, without the usual resistance to physical damage. When defeated, it performs an SP ability animation and falls to the ground.
Where to get the Key Item: Ru'Aun Gardens, via any of the warp points.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- [×] Ambuscade Armor (174 P)
Pages in category "Ambuscade"
The following 45 pages are in this category, out of 45 total.