There are a variety of text commands that one can use ingame to perform certain tasks. These are all preceded by a "/" and are typed into the text box like dialogue. The various different type of text commands can be broken down into a few categories.
An emote is a command used by the player to express emotion and add a little flavor to his/her dialogue. There are two types of emotes.
- Built-in emote commands, such as smile or salute.
- Typing in a built-in emote with the word "motion" after it will perform the emote without putting text into the chat log.
- Typing a built-in emote with the word "text" after it will display the text in the chat log without performing the motion.
- Typing /em followed by text will do a custom emote without animation.
Example: /em points at a large bird in the sky.
You would see this: <Name> points at a large bird in the sky.
Job-specific emotes were made available with the December 06, 2010 update. In order to use these emotes, you must undertake a Trial of the Magians from one of the Magian Moogles in Ru'Lude Gardens (H-5). Once the respective trial is completed, the job-specific emote can be performed using the /jobemote command.
- Items can be collected before or during the undertaking of the quest.
- You do not need to be on the job in question to undertake or complete the quest for that job-specific emote.
Note: The "motion" keyword does not work with /jobemote. Typing in /jobemote with the word "motion" after it will still perform the emote, but unlike with the other "/emote motion" commands, it will still display the normal chat log text associated with that emote.
For specifics on unlocking each job emote, refer to the Trial of the Magians: Emote Trial Categories.
Party and Linkshell Commands
Gameplay commands are used for a variety of gameplay related activities.
Fighting and Movement Commands
A subset of the gameplay commands used for fighting and moving around Vana'diel.
Storage and Map Commands
A subset of the gameplay commands used to view your storage options and Vana'diel maps.
A subset of the gameplay commands used for various hobbies such as chocobo digging and fishing.
Player Interaction Commands
Player Interaction commands are used to find, talk or otherwise interact with other players.
System commands are used to check system status, obtain help, exit the game, etc.
These are commands which need to be categorized.
This command has been removed from game.
Pages in category "Commands"
The following 174 pages are in this category, out of 174 total.