Fields of Valor is a training system, supported by the Adventurers' Mutual Aid Network (A.M.A.N.), in which players can take on voluntary training regimes to slay a number of specified enemies in an assigned period of time. Regimes can be undertaken multiple times per Vana'diel day. If successful, players will receive experience points, gil, and Fields of Valor points (called "tabs") redeemable for other benefits. If a regime is completed more than once in a (Vana'diel) day, the second (and further) will only reward experience points; Tabs and Gil may only be obtained once per day.
- For details about specific individual training regimes, see Field Manual.
- For details about specific elite training regimes, see Field Parchment.
Beginning a Training Regime
Examine a Field Manual, often located beside the Outpost and/or the zones in the region in which you wish to train. The "Individual Training" option will give you access to a number of pages---each page details which monsters need to be defeated, the area to defeat them in, and the monsters' level range, which must con as Easy Prey or higher (meaning earning experience points) to you, in order to earn credit.
- The information on this page instructs you to defeat the following:
- 5 Velociraptors
- 2 Perytons
- Target level range: 66~72
- Training area: Valley of Sorrows
After choosing a page, seek out and defeat the specified enemies. As you defeat the enemies, you will receive progress reports, for example:
- You defeated a training regime target. (Progress: 1/6)
You do not have to be the one to defeat the monster in order to have it count towards your progress, you will receive credit for the kill by being in the party when the enemy is defeated and within range to receive experience from that kill.
When you have completed the regime, you will receive a message like the following:
- You have successfully completed the training regime.
- <Player> gains 1200 experience points.
- <Player> gains 1,200 gil.
- <Player> obtains 120 tabs. (Total: 120)
You do not have to return to the Field Manual to gain the reward.
Elite Training Regimes
Changing jobs will not result in cancellation of your current elite training regime.
- For details on elite training regimes, see Field Parchment.
- For details on the specific monsters, see Fields of Valor Notorious Monsters.
The rewards for completing a training regime consists of Experience Points, Gil, and "tabs" (refer to the following table). The gil reward is identical to the EXP reward, while the amount of tabs you will receive is 10% of the gil/EXP reward rounded down.
- For example, upon completion of the regime for Valkurm Dunes (page 2), you will receive 500 exp, 500 gil and 50 tabs.
- You may accept a new regime directly after completing one, but you may only receive the gil and tab rewards once per the Vana'diel day.
- You may do only one Elite Training regime once per real life day (after JP midnight).
- Changing jobs results in the cancellation of your current training regime.
- Being KO'd, logging out, changing to another area, or changing your Level Sync status will neither reset nor cancel the regime.
- Since the introduction of the Hunt Registry, you now can choose between either doing one Hunt or one training regime every Vana'diel day, but not both on the same day.
Tabs gained from completed training regimens may be spent on support effects, accessed by selecting the "Field Support" option when examining a Field Manual. "Food" support are not items received, but are given immediately as a status effect. If you are already under the effects of a food item you will get the "full" message, but you will not lose any Tabs.
- These status effects are removed by any method that would normally remove status effects, including activating Level Sync after obtaining them, in the case of buffs like Protect and Refresh.
|Repatriation||Teleportation||Teleports you to your home nation||50 tabs|
|Reraise||White Magic||Reraise for 120 minutes (Restores 1936 EXP at any level)||10 tabs|
|Regen||White Magic||Regen 1 HP/tick for 60 minutes (This is not overwritten by other sources of Regen)||20 tabs|
|Refresh||White Magic||Refresh 1 MP/tick for 60 minutes (This is not overwritten by other sources of Refresh, but is overwritten by Sublimation.)||20 tabs|
|Protect||White Magic||Protect for 30 minutes (Potency of Protect is that of the highest tier spell cast by a White Mage of your current level, however it will not grant Protect V.)||15 tabs|
|Shell||White Magic||Shell for 30 minutes (Potency of the Shell is that of the highest tier spell cast by a White Mage of your current level, however it will not grant Shell V.)||15 tabs|
|Dried Meat||Field Recipe||STR +4, Attack +22% (cap: 63) for 30 minutes||50 tabs|
|Salted Fish||Field Recipe||VIT +2, Defense +30% (cap: 86) for 30 minutes||50 tabs|
|Hard Cookie||Field Recipe||INT +4, MP +30 for 30 minutes||50 tabs|
|Instant Noodles||Field Recipe||VIT +1, Store TP +5, HP +27.27% (cap: 75) for 30 minutes||50 tabs|
|Dried Agaricus||Field Recipe||MND +4, MP +1 per level (cap: 100 @ 99) for 30 minutes||50 tabs|
|Instant Rice||Field Recipe||CHR +4 for 30 minutes||50 tabs|
|Cipher: Sakura||Trust Alter Ego||Allows the player to cast Trust: Sakura. Only available during Alter Ego Extravaganza.||300 tabs|
|Cipher: Koru-Moru||Trust Alter Ego||Allows the player to cast Trust: Koru-Moru. Only available during Alter Ego Extravaganza.||300 tabs|