The Resistance Sapper will ask you to check up on the conditions of one of the Rear Traps in the area. There are more than one of each; which you choose will not matter, except you must choose the right type. He will also give you a key item of paralysis trap fluid to use. Selecting the trap and checking it will start the event. You will be asked to stand a certain distance from the trap - 1 to 5 yalms - away before starting.
- 1 yalm is partly inside the fringe of the trap.
- 2 yalms means you are next to the trap without touching it.
- 5 yalms means you are at the edge of distance to examine it. (Target is too far away, etc...)
Selecting the trap again will ask you to pour the liquid into the trap.
- Too much or too little will mean failure, but usually one dose is enough for this mission for completion.
Report back to the Resistance Sapper to complete the mission. He will give you an amount of cruor based on your success, neatness, and timing; ranging from 30 cruor up to (so far) 1,000 cruor, plus resistance credits, ranging from 15 to 70.
Obtaining 1,000 cruor and 70 resistance credits requires either incredible accuracy, timing, or both. The message displayed for an (at this point assumed) perfect score is "You were able to infuse the rear trap to the last drop? Amazing! You are to be thoroughly commended, soldier."
Rear Trap Locations
- (G-11) Just North of Veridical Conflux #05
- (I-7) Northwest Corridor of the position near Veridical Conflux #02
- Resistance Sapper, (Central Outpost, Abyssea - Vunkerl)
- Enfeeblement traps have been laid along the outpost's perimeter in order to weaken would-be besiegers. This operation requires you to infuse a rear trap with paralysis trap fluid, its energy source. Be mindful of your distance from the trap when performing the infusion.