HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
- 10-20 minute Timed Spawn among the Nauls at (E-9).
- Normal attacks bypass shadows
- Always flies and does not melee. Due to this you can only proc Blue weakness with a ranged attack as you cannot proc with melee during Mighty Strikes.
- Attacks appear to be earth magical damage (reduced by Saline Coat, Barstone, and Earth Carol, however Fool's Drink will NOT negate damage from regular attacks).
- Will take melee damage despite being in the air while Mighty Strikes is active.
- If you're looking to get the atma, some elemental weapon skills can hit it while it's in the air (regardless of Mighty Strikes), such as Cyclone, Raiden Thrust and possibly others.
- Can use Bai Wing for ~600. Additional effect Slow can proc on Bai Wing, but can be resisted with earth resist setup, Barstone and Earth Carol.
- Will spam Ochre Blast after using Mighty Strikes (will use it multiple times).
- Can be avoided in the same way as Bai Wing, but you'll need to stay on a tank's HP for this part of the fight.
- Ochre Blast does roughly 350-400 per use.
- Can cast Slowga(overwrites Haste), Stoneskin(can dispel), and Breakga.
- Seems to only use Breakga at low HP.
- Does not use Draw In.
- Has increased movement speed.
- Unlike Ouryu, Cuelebre is susceptible to Stun. Additionally, Temporal Shift landed reliably without a Thunder Staff, even though he seems to be resistant to Thunder spells.
- The quest Tangling with Tongue-twisters has this NM as a goal kill.
- Appears to rage after a certain time. After about 45 minutes - 1 hour all damage was resisted for 0 damage except from Summoner BP's and Damage Over Time spells. Only by wiping and letting it regen did damage become able to be dealt again.
- During this phase, its magical regular attacks, as well as Bai Wing and Ochre Blast receive a boost in damage, hitting for upwards of up to 300(regular), 600-800(Bai/Ochre) on a non-tank job.
Cuélebre, or Culebre, is a giant winged serpent-dragon of the Asturian and Cantabrian mythology, that lives in a cave, guards treasures and keeps xanas as prisoners. Although they are immortal, they grow old as the time goes by and their scales become thick and impenetrable, and flag wings grow in their bodies. They don't usually move, and when they do it, it is in order to eat cattle and people. One can kill the cuélebre giving him as meal a red-hot stone or a bread full of pins. Its spit it is said to turn into a magic stone which heals many diseases.