†Note: Automatons learn this spell automatically once they have the requisite magic skill. They do not need to use a scroll.
Casting Time: 1 second
Resale Price: ???~??? gil
How to Obtain
|Auction House Category: Scrolls > White Magic (||)|
Price: 8,586 gil Name Location Type Hasim Lower Jeuno (H-9) Standard Merchant Zafif Al Zahbi (J-8) Standard Merchant
- This spell also attempts to remove Doom, however it is not guaranteed to succeed. Chance of success is dependent on Healing Magic skill level. At 500 skill, the base chance is 26% At higher skill levels, the base chance is increased. Equipment that enhances the Cursna Effect (e.g. "Cursna" +X or Potency of "cursna" effects received +X) increase the base chance from Healing Skill multiplicatively, so +5 would add +5% to the base rate, increasing it in total from 26% to 27.3% at 500 Healing Magic Skill. With enough Healing Magic Skill and +potency gear, it is theoretically possible to increase the chance of Doom removal to 100%
- When Cursna fails to remove Doom, a different message is produced in the log ("the spell fails to take effect"), as opposed to the usual "no effect" message when there is no status effect to be removed.
*Cursna cannot remove Curse (Special) status (otherwise known as "zombie" or "ST20" status, the type that prevents all forms of HP/MP recovery).
- Cursna will remove Curse (Special) with capped Healing Magic Skill in conjunction with equipment that enhances the cursna effect. The amount of gear required to successfully remove this effect is dependent on the Healing Magic Skill of the White Mage. Mending Cape and Ephedra Ring worn by a skillcapped White Mage will remove this effect the first try consistently.
- When used in conjunction with the level 50 White Mage trait Divine Veil, or the Scholar's Accession stratagem, Cursna can remove curse or possibly doom from the entire party.
- Divine Caress may potentially grant Doom protection when used along with this spell, but only if the doom removal attempt succeeds. Divine Caress does not enhance the probability of Doom removal.
- ↑ On the mechanics of Cursna (Official JP Square Enix Forums)
- ↑ Explaining the success rate of Cursna (Official JP Square Enix Forums)