|Abyssea - La Theine||
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime
Note: Reive Monsters become aggressive after a player takes one offensive action in Reive.
They stay aggressive until all participating players are KO'd simultaneously, clearing all hate lists.
- Spawned by trading Massive Armband to ??? at F-10. 1 minute respawn.
- Lightning Roar brings on the non-dispellable Shock Spikes, so stun Lightning Roar.
- Can use Trebuchet. Will reset hate when he uses it.
- Uses a special form of Catapult that bypasses (doesn't wipe) shadows.
- Accuracy seems to rise the lower his health.
- Catapult accuracy follows this pattern as well.
- Heavily resistant to Blind effects, but it can stick. Slow and Paralyze can be landed with somewhat less difficulty.
- Due to the ???'s proximity to the usual patrol paths of the Demersal Gigas, as well as their respawn rate, having one of them link onto the mages is a fairly common occurence. Anyone not fighting at the wall should keep watch for any unexpected rocks flung at them and be prepared to Sleep.
In literature, Grandgousier (French: grand gosier, "Big Throat") is the wife of Gargamelle, the daughter of the King of Papillons and the father of Gargantua. A Rabelaisien character par excellence, he has an appreciation of good living, good heart, and all of life's pleasures. Rabelais has him represent a stereotypical good king, in apposition to the bad king of Picrochole. Grandgousier advocates peace and discussion over war and greed.