|Abyssea - La Theine||
|A, L, T(H)|
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime
Note: Reive Monsters become aggressive after a player takes one offensive action in Reive.
They stay aggressive until all participating players are KO'd simultaneously, clearing all hate lists.
- Timed spawn around (L-8) every 10-15 minutes, in the area where all the Rock Grinders are.
- Rock Grinders have a tendency to "gravitate" to him, surrounding him like a fleet of little minions. This can cause serious problems as a flood of earth based magic can barrage the person or party who manage to aggro and link the mass of worms.
- Casts Stone V, Quake and Stonega III with a high degree of Fast Cast.
- Has a high degree of Magic Defense Bonus but not enough to make nuking useless.
- Immune to Silence.
- Can be Slowed, Paralyzed, Poisoned.
- Does not have normal melee attacks. Instead spams Full-Force Blow, which ignores shadows and deals 400-1000 damage.
- Rock Grinder can link with Megamaw Mikey and vice versa.
- Soloable by any job that can DoT.
- If soloing staying out of its casting range and goes unclaimed, it can withdraw underground and stay below until 100%. Make sure to keep claimed at all times as a precaution and continue to cast on it.
- If a DoT (such as Bio II or Burn) is on the NM, it will not regen, even underground. It's best to stagger multiple DoTs to prevent regeneration.
- Rock Grinder who link with Megamaw Mikey have a casting range of 30 yalms. Be advised spells such as Stonega III and Quake the Rock Grinder initiate will not be interrupted if you leave the 30 yalm radius. The spells will still land if you do not give it ample time for it to be interrupted (Via being out of range). Another note: If the Rock Grinder initiate spell on you, and you run out of range but you have PT members inside the 30 yalm range of the Rock Grinder, the spell will land on them.
Mikey might be a reference to Little Mikey, a character created for a Life cereal commercial. The commercial involves two brothers getting their youngest brother Mikey, who "hates everything", to taste test the cereal. Him liking it is seen as proof of its quality. Little Mikey has become a minor icon for eating stuff, which seems to be Megamaw Mikey's claim to fame as well.