- Talk to Shamarhaan at (F-9) in Bastok Markets near the fountain as a level 30+ job.
- Talk to Iruki-Waraki at (K-9) in Aht Urhgan Whitegate (top floor).
- Talk to Ghatsad at (I-7) in the Automaton Workshop (top floor).
- Head to Arrapago Reef.
- This can be achieved by taking the ferry from Port Ephramad to Nashmau, taking the north exit into Caedarva Mire, and heading to the tunnel at (I-6) into Arrapago Reef.
- Alternatively, use the Runic Portal to the Azouph Isle Staging Point, and head to the tunnel at (I-6) into Arrapago Reef.
- Keep Sneak and Invisible up due to the chigoes and treants in the Mire. Use caution around the imps as they have True Sight. If you want to avoid some monsters, do this during the day, as the Jnun in Caedarva Mire sleep during this time (although they can still be easily avoided at night).
- If you have a Black Mage main or subjob high enough to cast Escape and the Ilrusi Atoll Staging Point, you can simply warp to the Ilrusi Atoll Staging Point and cast Escape. You will appear right where the Arrapago zone is (I-6 on Caedarva Mire map).
- You do NOT need a Lamian Fang Key for this quest, but you do for the Corsair quest Luck of the Draw (if you do not use the Ilrusi Atoll Staging Point).
- After entering from Caedarva Mire, you will be at the bottom of Arrapago Reef Map 1.
- Find the ??? at (H-10) on the first boat, hidden beneath the stairs, to receive an Antique automaton.
- Return to Ghatsad (I-7) in Aht Urhgan Whitegate. Talk to him and give him the Antique automaton.
- Wait for the next game day and talk to him again.
- Return to Iruki-Waraki (K-9) to receive your Animator and complete the quest.