Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article is a personal guide. Information expressed in this guide is one player's opinion and may be more opinion than fact. Strategies and information contained herein may not work for everyone.|
No non-minor changes should be made without consulting the author. Changes or questions should be discussed on the talk page.
How to set up your control pad on the pc for Final Fantasy XI, by Crawlerbasher of Leviathan
Crawlerbasher’s Control Pad Setting Guide
PC Control Pad Settings for Final Fantasy XI Guide
How to set up your control pad setting for Final Fantasy XI.
If you have a joystick or a control pad that you would like to use in Final Fantasy XI.
You first will need to set one up.
Below is a set of instructions on how to do this, step by step.
- Go to Start, All Programs, Playonline, Final Fantasy XI, Final Fantasy XI Confing in Windows XP
- If you using another OS Like Vista please see your operation manual for more information on accessing your programs.
- When the FFXI Config file is open press the Game pad Settings (P) button, to access the game pad configuration settings.
- Below is what you should see.
- Tick the Enable Game pad box (Located on the top right)
- On the left is the list of actions that can be assigned buttons to.
- You can also use the default settings to assign the buttons for you.
- These can be found in the predefined setups
- The first way is to click on it and pick the button number from the list
- The second way is to select the drop down and then hit the button you want to assign to that action and hit that button on the control pad and it will auto locate it.
- The Direction Control Device has 3 sections
- The character controls
- The Camera Movement
- The menu control
- Clicking on these buttons will let you assign control pads analog and or digital controls.
- once in this section you will have to hold in the direction asked and keep it like that then hit button 1 to conform this.
- Repeat this with all 3.
- Best one is to use a control pad with a smaller style to a ps2 control pad, with digital, left and right analog control.
- Hitting the test game pad button will take you to this next section.
- Here you can get to mess around with the controls to see if it all works.
- Once you have got it to how you want it, hit ok,, then ok again.
- You will be give a conformation when hitting ok to save settings and then again when you leave FFXI Config.