- Temenos - Western Tower is a subsection of the Temenos zone in the Limbus region.
- It is reached via the Teleport-Holla crag entrance to Al'Taieu.
- Cosmo-Cleanse and White Card key items are required for entry.
- Monsters on the first six floors drop an average of two chests per floor; you can open them at any time.
- Over the six floors, on average there will be four Time (15 minutes), four Restore and four Items chests; there can be more or less.
- Luck plays a very important role in this Limbus area; depending on Time chest drops you can finish with 45 minutes left or run out of time halfway.
- Chest drops on these six floors seem to be affected by moon phase and Treasure Hunter.
- The seventh floor just has the final Items chest.
- The mobs can be "pet pulled" (e.g., Carbuncle).
- The gate to the next level opens with the first kill.
- Drops AF+1 materials for: BLU, BRD, BST, DRK, MNK, NIN, PUP, RDM, SAM, SCH, SMN, WAR, WHM.
- Typical Ancient Beastcoin yield: 45-66
- Reward for completion: Emerald Chip
|Item (Job)||Floor 1||Floor 2||Floor 3||Floor 4||Floor 5||Floor 6||Floor 7|
|Benedict Silk (WHM)||(7.1%)||(15%)|
|Cbl. Myth. Sheet (DRG)|
|Chameleon Yarn (RNG)|
|Coiled Yarn (BRD)||(17.2%)||(17.9%)||(53.6%)||(10%)||(3.6%)|
|Dark Orichalcum (DRK)||(7.1%)||(13.3%)|
|Diabolic Silk (BLM)|
|Ecarlate Cloth (WAR)||(24.1%)||(14.3%)||(13.3%)||(29.4%)||(14.3%)|
|Filet Lace (DNC)|
|Glittering Yarn (SMN)||(20.7%)||(10%)||(17.6%)||(42.9%)||(21.4%)|
|Luminian Thread (BLU)||(17.2%)||(25%)||(29.4%)||(32.1%)|
|Pantin Wire (PUP)||(14.3%)||(3.3%)|
|Plaited Cord (NIN)||(3.6%)||(13.3%)||(5.9%)||(20%)|
|Ruby Silk Thread (RDM)||(13.8%)||(57.1%)||(13.3%)||(5.9%)||(20%)||(7.1%)|
|Scarlet Odoshi (SAM)||(13.8%)||(17.9%)||(10.7%)||(53.3%)||(20%)||(17.2%)|
|Silkworm Thread (COR)|
|Smalt Leather (BST)||(7.1%)||(5.9%)|
|Snowy Cermet (PLD)|
|Supple Skin (THF)|
|Ut. Gold Thread (MNK)||(11.8%)||(5%)|
- Enemies: Enhanced Tiger x9 (Tigers)
- Items chest has 4-7 Ancient Beastcoins and 0-1 AF+1 item (BRD, RDM, SAM, SMN, WAR, BLU, ?)
- Enemies: Enhanced Mandragora x9 (Mandragora)
- Items chest has 5-6 Ancient Beastcoins and 1-2 AF+1 items (BRD, RDM, DRK, SAM, BST, WHM, WAR, PUP, ?)
- Mandies in the north section wander around randomly and can be single pulled.
- Mandies by the exit in the southeast march back and forth all together and can be easily avoided.
- Enemies: Enhanced Beetle x6 (Beetles)
- Linking (sight)
- ~4/6 drop an Ancient Beastcoin.
- Around 10,000 HP
- Items chest has 4-7 Ancient Beastcoins and 1-2 AF+1 items (BRD, SAM, RDM, WAR, BST, WHM, SMN, NIN, DRK, BLU, PUP, SCH, ?)
- Enemies: Enhanced Lizard x9 (Lizards)
- Items chest has 4-6 Ancient Beastcoins and 1-2 AF+1 items (SAM, BST, WAR, RDM, MNK, DRK, SMN, NIN, PUP ?)
- Enemies: Enhanced Slime x6 (Slimes)
- A small, melee-heavy group may want to kill the first slime and then skip to the next level.
- The slimes can move if you die. My WHM and I died on the porter to the next floor, took about 5-6 minutes, but the slimes moved.
- Enemies: Enhanced Pugil x6 (Pugils)
- Items chest has 6-7 Ancient Beastcoins and 1-2 AF+1 item (SMN, WAR, WHM, BRD, NIN, MNK, RDM, DRK, SAM, ?)
- Enemies: Enhanced Vulture x6 (Birds)
- Easy solo by 99THF/DNC in RoE gear full clear
- Soloable by a well geared BLU90/NIN, use evasion set to get shadows up Draylo 21:06, August 26, 2011 (UTC)
- Cleared by BLU90/NIN and NIN90/DNC with 5-6 time chests ---- dibble 08:02, April 28, 2011 (UTC)
- A party of 3 strong DD/NIN, 1 BRD, 1 RDM, 1 BLM can complete this area pretty consistently.
- 5 people (pld/nin, mnk/nin, blm/whm, rdm/dnc, whm/smn) have cleared this completely taking 4 time chests.
- Use 2-hours at will to speed up killing as much as possible; there are no bosses, and there will be plenty of Restore chests.
- 5 people (blu/nin, sam/dnc, sam/nin, brd, and whm/smn) have cleared this completely as well.
- 4 people (mnk/nin, rdm/whm, blm/whm, brd/whm) have cleared this by skipping floors as needed and getting time chests.
- A balanced alliance of 12 can easily defeat every mob on all floors with plenty of time remaining.
- Finished with 36 mins to Spare with Brd/whm,whm/rdm,rdm/sch,mnk/nin,thf/nin we zoomed through it and no deaths or any problems.
- BST99/DNC49 cleared solo killing almost every mob. Skipped the room with six mandys in it. Used FaithfulFalcorr with Run Wild on the last batch of birds.
- Easily soloable by 99BLU/RDM
- Solo 99 NIN/DNC, killed every mob except the room with the six mandys. 5 time chests with about 20 min to spare. Be careful on the last floor as all six birds link.