- Exoroche asks for rusty shields, zaghnals, spears, or kunai.
- Rusty Kunai can be obtained in any of the 4 ponds in Abyssea - La Theine.
- Rusty Spears can be obtained in the large pond south of the northern encampment and give three exclamation marks (!!!).
- Rusty Zaghnals can be obtained in the southeastern most pond nearest to the southeast encampment.
- Rusty Shields are obtained from killing Crabs which are frequently fished up in the pools in Abyssea - La Theine. The crabs are Decent Challenge to level 78, but take care as the Notorious Monster Nahn can also be caught at these pools.
- If you get a message with three exclamation marks (!!!) such as "Something caught the hook!!!", you might have fished up a monster and should consider cancelling it. If you are not skilled at distinguishing a monster from an item when fishing, or don't have a job that can solo crabs, you should cancel.
- You should also fish on the the south side of the conflux #04 lake to avoid chat log spam from people trying to fish up the NM, which scrolls away the !!! message.
- Bait or Lures for salt-water fishing, such as a Shrimp Lure, yield the best results for rusty items.
- This is an excellent quest for capping out fame in this zone since it can be quickly repeated multiple times without needing to leave the zone.