Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Misareaux Coast||1||A*, L, H|
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime
Note: Reive Monsters become aggressive after a player takes one offensive action in Reive.
They stay aggressive until all participating players are KO'd simultaneously, clearing all hate lists.
- Spawns around E-7 to F-8 approximately every 21-24 hours; it does not need to be night, Vana'diel time, for it to spawn.
- It is unaggressive during the day.
- During the day: Soloable at Lv.60 with no problem.
- During the night: Soloable at Lv.75, but very difficult.
- Has between about 4500-5000HP.
- Has Regain, more potent at night.
- Drain and Bloody Bolts will have no effect, and other dark magic will be very weak. Although, Drain Samba does work.
- Special Attacks: Hits harder at night than during the day. Attacks seemed to peak at around 1:00 AM Vana'diel time.
- Uses giant bat special attacks, including Marrow Drain. Uses unique ability: Soul Accretion, which will remove some number of status effects. At night, will use this ability up to 3x in a row.
- Rumoured to only drop the Vampire Earring at night
- When it becomes unclaimed, it will immediately regen to 100%.
- If it is being held, but not fed tp, it will use Blood Drain twice in a row.
In Eastern Slavic folklore (Russia, Ukraine, Belarus), the Upyr (less commonly spelled Upyri) were vampires that had iron teeth and roamed, surprisingly, during the day. They would be active from noon to midnight and first went after children, then their parents. Otherwise, Upyr were said to look fairly human. Upyr believed to originate with evil spirits possessing the bodies of the unclean dead. There seem to have been variants of this same concept around Eastern Europe. In Poland, it was spelled Upier (or Upior), to the Czech and Ukrainians, it was spelled Upir (or Opir), in Belorus, Upor (in Russia, it was spelled Upyr, Upyry, Upyri). The Polish variant has barbed tongue which can drink "vast" amounts of blood and it sleeps in a pool of blood. When staked, this version explodes. A person can become immune to this version's attacks by eating "baked blood bread" made from vampire's blood and flour