- Inflicts Death on enemies within area of effect.
Avatar: Odin (Dark)
Cost: Upon use it consumes 100% of your MP. Damage dealt to NMs is based on the MP used and the current HP of the target.
Effect Duration: Instantaneous
Battle Application: Magic Burst
Odin can only be summoned if Astral Flow is active.
- Family: Odin
- Utsusemi/Blink absorb: Ignores shadows
- Range: 15' radial (around Odin)
- Notes: Odin uses this ability at 10%, as an Astral Flow-style attack. Players in range can use /kneel or /heal to avoid instant K.O. Before using this ability, Odin gives a warning monologue:
- "Mine obsidian blade shall split atwain the threads of thy future..."
- "...whilst its crimson fuller shalt channel the lifeblood of thy past."
- "Now wail as thy soul is bestrewn across the plains of Valhalla!"
All of Odin's abilities have names rooted in Norse Mythology and usually refer to one of the many names of Odin; this one however is the obvious exception. Zantetsuken (斬鉄剣) is a Japanese word combined from 3 characters, together meaning "steel-cutting sword". A more literal interpretation would yield "steel-killing sword", implying the blade is so strong that even steel would be defeated by it. It is Odin's signature instant kill move from other Final Fantasy games.