Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Zeni is obtained by trading in Soul Plates to Sanraku, who is located at (E-8) in Aht Urhgan Whitegate.
- To obtain Soul Plates, you need Blank Soul Plates and a Soultrapper, both of which can be purchased from Zandjarl, located at (F-7) in The Colosseum, in exchange for Jettons.
- Zandjarl will exchange Imperial Currency for Jettons.
- Zandjarl provides two types of Soultrappers: The regular Soultrapper, which costs 2 Jettons, and the Soultrapper 2000, which costs 500 Jettons. While the Soultrapper 2000 has four times as many charges and can be used to take pictures twice as quickly as the regular Soultrapper, it also costs 250 times as much. Since the type of Soultrapper used seems to have no effect on the Zeni yield, whether or not the Soultrapper 2000 is worth the additional cost is debatable. See the talk page for more information.
- The amount of Zeni obtained for a Soul Plate depends on a number of factors:
- Sanraku's interest in the type of monster a Soul Plate was obtained from.
- Whether or not the Soul Plate was taken from a Regular Monster or a Notorious Monster from Sanraku's Recommended Fauna, such as Salvage, Assault, ISNM and Nyzul Isle.
- The state of the monster a Soul Plate is taken from, such as level, current Hit Points, claimed by the player taking the picture, etc.
- A Soul Plate from a high level monster of Sanraku's particular interest at low HP will typically give 75-77 Zeni.
- A Soul Plate from a L50ish monster of his particular interest at low HP will give not much less, about 70 Zeni.
- A Soul Plate from a L77ish monster of his particular interest at very low HP (0,1-0,5%) will give up to 99 Zeni (varying the distance and number of debuffs resulted in Soul Plates giving 82-99 Zeni).
- A Soul Plate from a monster that has a low total number of spawns greatly increases Zeni value.
- It is speculated that Sanraku has a quota that can be reached from all players on the server. Once he receives this number of plates, he loses interest.
- Ryo, Sanraku's Assistant, gives information on the current Subject of Interest and Recommended Fauna.
- Ryo will also tell you the amount of Zeni a Soul Plate you trade to her is worth.
- Zeni is spent to purchase Rare/Ex items used to immediately spawn various Notorious Monsters throughout the Aht Urhgan area.
Zeni is a historical name for Yen, the standard currency of Japan. Zeni is also widely used as the form of currency in many fictional stories, such as Capcom's Megaman series and the Dragon Ball manga/anime.